An exact age of the pulpit is unknown, although it is contemporary with the current building and dates from the 18th century. Initially, it was triple-tiered, with reader’s and clerk’s desks. In 1808, the pulpit was moved to a position into the middle of the central aisle. By 1900 it was moved towards the north gallery, however, facing a southerly direction. This blocked the view of the sanctuary from the nave, and it was decided to move it to its current position in 1939. After the 2005-07 restoration of the building, both the pulpit and its steps were fixed into the ground. Restoration of the pulpit has happened many times. Its rail was repaired in 1949 and the pillars were restored in 2018. As of 2018, the pulpit is not currently in use by the clergy.